Update: Not crossing the Gulf Stream on Thursday

After chatting with a bunch of people who’ve crossed to the Bahamas several times, Lisa and I have decided to hold off on heading out on Thursday. While there seems to be a weather window this week, conventional wisdom suggest that we find a 3 day window when we can leave Key West.

Sitting Around

While we theoretically could leave earlier and safely make our crossing, we are waiting on dinghy davits that we ordered. The davits are scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday or Wednesday. It should take a day or so to install them. We really want the davits as they will allow us to get the dinghy out of the water. Towing a dinghy across the Gulf Stream just does not sound like fun.

Since Lisa and I are looking forward to a boring an dun eventful crossing, we are holding off on our departure and working on our interminable list boat projects.

If you’d like to check out one of the weather sites we are using to determine when we go, check out http://passageweather.com and go to West Indies / South Florida.

 

Post To Sailing Pearl

3 thoughts on “Update: Not crossing the Gulf Stream on Thursday”

Leave a Reply